Best interior designers in pune, India
Texture is one of the secret tools in a decorator’s utility belt. It is often overlooked, but when used properly, it can add a whole new dimension to the ambiance of a space. Use the following basic texture tips to ensure that you get the most out of the look, and feel, of your decor.
– You usually think of texture as something you can touch, but it is also something you can see. When you look at a texture, your mind recalls how textures such as that have felt in the past. That memory is enough to almost make you relive the sensation of that experience. This means that even if you don’t touch it, texture is important to the ambiance of the space.
– When you do touch a texture, it can add a whole new dimension to a room. Texture can make a space more than just attractive; it can make it interactive, inviting visitors to indulge their sensual impulses, running their fingers along satin curtains, or gingerly experiencing the rough bite of raw concrete.
– Texture is also an important component in many traditional decorating styles. For example, rough textures such as those of slate and raw logs are often associated with a rustic cabin décor, while smooth stainless steel and mirrors are connected with a more modern look. When trying to achieve a more specific room style, texture can add a depth to your design that can’t be achieved any other way.
– Some textures can make objects seem heavier, while others can make them seem lighter. You can use this to balance large bulky items with smaller, highly textured furnishings. A good rule of thumb is that textures which reflect more light will feel less bulky, while those that absorb light will seem heavier. In this way a white marble floor will feel lighter than a hardwood floor, even if the marble actually weighs more. Another factor that contributes to the perceived weight of a texture is its thickness. A thick shag rug will always seem heavier than a Persian of the same size.
– Another factor to consider when using texture is the size of the room. Heavier, thicker textures tend to overwhelm a room and make it look smaller. By contrast, sleek smooth textures can make a space open up and fell emptier. Use these aspects of texture to compliment the size of your room, and create an ambience with the perfect balance between coziness and stretching room.
– In traditional styles various textures tend to be similar, contrasting gently over a gradient. The textures also tend to be deeper, and thicker, creating interplay between the light and shadows. In contemporary styles it is more common to use vastly different textures to compliment and offset one another in interesting ways. These textures can be thick or sleek, but tend to often be more translucent, glorying in radiance and light.
-Texture is a relatively advanced decorating concept. It involves not only the way a room looks, but also the way it feels, both sensually and emotionally. When considering the use of texture in a space, go slowly. Add one or two textured items in complimentary styles, and see how you feel with them. When considering walls, ceilings, and floors, always try to get samples. Place the samples close to where they will go, and see how they affect you for a couple of days. In the case of flooring, try to purchase a couple of feet of samples so that you can experience walking on it at different times of the day.
What is False Ceilings?
False ceilings are an essential part of interior décor which adds to the aesthetics and décor of your homes. Made from light weight gypsum plaster boards, false ceilings (drop ceilings) are structures suspended a few inches below the actual ceiling by means of a metal framing suspension system. They add a seamless and clean look to your room as ceilings offer the maximum unobstructed view in any space. With attractive design options, false ceilings can add a definitive character to the room with tasteful lighting and attractive colours to make the ceiling designs come alive.
Why False Ceilings?
Every corner of your home defines a part of your personality through the designs, colours and artifacts in that space. Classical, contemporary, modern or futuristic- the layout of your home, the kind of furniture, the kind of designs and textures on the walls and floor all talk of who you are. While we always like to look at the colours on the walls, the furniture, flooring tiles and artifacts, ceilings as a design element offer the maximum unobstructed view of any interior space.
False ceilings can offer a definitive look and feel to your rooms and build the right ambience as per your taste. With a wide array of designs options, false ceilings can enhance the décor of any room. Apart from stunning aesthetics, they offer functional benefits of thermal and sound insulation, better light reflectance and facilitate concealed and diffused lighting options.
Advantages of False Ceilings
False ceilings are not just an element of design, but can also offer functional benefits to you. Below mentioned are some of the major advantages false ceilings have to offer:
Concealment of wires: All the wiring for overhead fixtures like fans, lighting etc can be easily routed in the gap between the false ceiling and the soffit. This eliminates the crisscrossing of wires on the ceilings being visible and offers a clean and seamless look to your homes.
Mood lighting: False ceilings in homes can open up a whole world of mood lighting options. This can be applied by using concealed spot lights, diffused lighting as well as modern LED lighting fixtures. The right mix of false ceiling design with lights can build the right ambience for the room which can reflect your personal choice, space and tastes.
Energy Efficiency: False ceilings reduce the air volume of the room and can reduce the air-conditioning load. This in turn reduces the power consumption towards cooling the space. Also, with no crisscrossing wires, a perfectly finished false ceiling improves the light reflectance for natural light entering the room.
Thermal insulation: A very common occurrence in homes with the ceiling above exposed directly to the sun is the heat that comes through the ceiling. False ceiling are an effective way to manage this as the air gap between the soffit and the false ceiling offers thermal insulation that reduces the impact of the exposed sun.
Impact sound insulation: Sound coming in from the apartment above is also a commonly seen problem in apartment complexes. False ceiling reduce this sound by an appreciable level to offer you a peaceful environment in your homes.
A good bath refreshes our body and mind and a nice bathroom adds to the pleasure of having bath. A good bathroom lets you enjoy real bath and makes you ready to work for the day. To enjoy true bath you need a well decorated bathroom. A bathroom can be said heaven of the earth where exists refreshment, coolness, amusement, peace and harmony. Lets discuss various aspects of a bathroom.
Eye-catching color schemes make your bathroom look cool and refreshing. Color theme of a bathroom should be consistent with colors of walls, tiles, faucets and accessories. White color scheme is a good idea as it makes your bathroom appear fresh and go well with any colors or shades of the room. The white scheme blended with serene blue is refreshing to the eyes and body. You can add accessories to highlight color accents in bathroom.
Intensive ventilation is required in bathrooms where a lot of moisture exists. Large windows are helpful in reducing the effect. To keep the place dry an exhaust fan is required for proper circulation of air. It is necessary to place the fan out of reach of moving hands while taking bath.
Bathroom flooring should be nice looking, anti slippery, hard and durable. Its necessary to choose nice one for your bathroom. The floors must be damp proof. You need to pick up the right type of flooring. Vinyl tile flooring lasts long and is very easy to clean. A large variety of colors, shapes and textures is available in tiles. You can choose any of them according to your fancy. Marble flooring is also durable and very easy in cleaning. This flooring gives fresh look and adds warmth to the interior of a home.
Bathroom cabinets are ideal to place the stuff. These preserve the dcor of the room and are available in a range of designs and shapes like antique, classic, and contemporary. You can pick any of them that match up with the dcor of your home. These add uniqueness to the space and often come with a sink. Sinks are available in a large variety from stainless steal, porcelain, glass, marble or even granite.
Glass shower doors are one of the most important choices these days. These are hinged at the one side and often swing in both directions. The shower doors look cute and classy. These doors are available in large variety of designs. Folding shower doors help to retain water inside the bath area. The main advantage of glass shower door is easy and quick clean up. This shower door prevents hard water stains on shower glass. Sliding doors are perfect choices for small bathrooms.
Glass shower doors come in a variety of finishes like nickel, chrome, brass or many more. You can pick any of the themes that match up with theme of your bathroom. You can either go for custom made shower doors that look quite contemporary or for traditional shower doors having shelves and seats. Corner shower units are perfect choices for basement bathroom areas.
In modern bathrooms, glass shower enclosures are taking place of the showers in the tub. These shower doors add warmth to the beauty of your bathroom and let natural light to enter the bath area. You can go for any of engraved or clear glass for more private feel. Thus you can naturally enjoy the bath.
Shower Curtain Rods
The rods are attached to the wall or ceiling above your bath tub to support the curtains of shower. These are usually screwed into the walls. Shower curtain rods are available in various shapes or styles like L shape which is designed to fit around a corner shower over your bath tub.
Its your choice to select curtain rods that match up with theme of towels and window curtains. Curtain rods add elegance enhancing the look of your bathroom. Nice shower curtains turn your bathroom into perfect oasis.
It is the most important item in your bathroom. Wash Basin are available in various styles. But usually two choices are above all. They are:
It depends on you whether you select pedestal basin or cabinet basin. People mostly go for cabinet washbasins as they are useful for small bathrooms. Wall mounts washbasins look attractive, hung from the wall at a desired height. It must be ensured that the wash basin is compatible with faucets of the bathroom.
Accessories are helpful in making a bathroom overwhelming. Right selection of accessories can make you noteworthy for the interior dcor of your home. You can renovate your bathroom whenever you get bore of old ones. Bathroom Accessories of latest designs and styles play an imperative role in remodeling the room.
Ideas for bathroom accessories
Visit : http://www.designaddict.us
Designaddict Interiors Pune … 2012
For Interior design in pune: Please visit http://www.designaddict.us
or call us : 9970420073