Best interior designers in pune, India
What are wall decals?
Wall decals and wall stickers are self-adhesive vinyl stickers made for applying to a surface.
Traditionally this is exactly the same as sign writing on shops, cars, signs. However, they have been increasing in popularity as decorating items for homes, office, shops and other commercial applications.
The USA and Europe led the way with more and more websites popping up that offered designs online that could be made into wall decals. It has caught on and now it seems there are 100’s of websites offering wall decals.
Wall stickers and wall decals are a great alternative to wallpaper, paint or stencils and they give you choice. Choose your space, plan the design you`d like to make, and then apply. And when you`re tired of your design, say after years, a month, maybe a day – the decals are removable.
A “true” wall decal is cut from vinyl. Vinyl is a synthetic material that appears like a thin plastic, but it is not plastic. A decal will have a backing paper and a front transfer paper. Vinyls are a thin self adhesive material, and are able to withstand heat which can be used to ensure it sticks properly to the surface. Vinyl likes the heat and will contour to the surface.
Texture is one of the secret tools in a decorator’s utility belt. It is often overlooked, but when used properly, it can add a whole new dimension to the ambiance of a space. Use the following basic texture tips to ensure that you get the most out of the look, and feel, of your decor.
– You usually think of texture as something you can touch, but it is also something you can see. When you look at a texture, your mind recalls how textures such as that have felt in the past. That memory is enough to almost make you relive the sensation of that experience. This means that even if you don’t touch it, texture is important to the ambiance of the space.
– When you do touch a texture, it can add a whole new dimension to a room. Texture can make a space more than just attractive; it can make it interactive, inviting visitors to indulge their sensual impulses, running their fingers along satin curtains, or gingerly experiencing the rough bite of raw concrete.
– Texture is also an important component in many traditional decorating styles. For example, rough textures such as those of slate and raw logs are often associated with a rustic cabin décor, while smooth stainless steel and mirrors are connected with a more modern look. When trying to achieve a more specific room style, texture can add a depth to your design that can’t be achieved any other way.
– Some textures can make objects seem heavier, while others can make them seem lighter. You can use this to balance large bulky items with smaller, highly textured furnishings. A good rule of thumb is that textures which reflect more light will feel less bulky, while those that absorb light will seem heavier. In this way a white marble floor will feel lighter than a hardwood floor, even if the marble actually weighs more. Another factor that contributes to the perceived weight of a texture is its thickness. A thick shag rug will always seem heavier than a Persian of the same size.
– Another factor to consider when using texture is the size of the room. Heavier, thicker textures tend to overwhelm a room and make it look smaller. By contrast, sleek smooth textures can make a space open up and fell emptier. Use these aspects of texture to compliment the size of your room, and create an ambience with the perfect balance between coziness and stretching room.
– In traditional styles various textures tend to be similar, contrasting gently over a gradient. The textures also tend to be deeper, and thicker, creating interplay between the light and shadows. In contemporary styles it is more common to use vastly different textures to compliment and offset one another in interesting ways. These textures can be thick or sleek, but tend to often be more translucent, glorying in radiance and light.
-Texture is a relatively advanced decorating concept. It involves not only the way a room looks, but also the way it feels, both sensually and emotionally. When considering the use of texture in a space, go slowly. Add one or two textured items in complimentary styles, and see how you feel with them. When considering walls, ceilings, and floors, always try to get samples. Place the samples close to where they will go, and see how they affect you for a couple of days. In the case of flooring, try to purchase a couple of feet of samples so that you can experience walking on it at different times of the day.
A good bath refreshes our body and mind and a nice bathroom adds to the pleasure of having bath. A good bathroom lets you enjoy real bath and makes you ready to work for the day. To enjoy true bath you need a well decorated bathroom. A bathroom can be said heaven of the earth where exists refreshment, coolness, amusement, peace and harmony. Lets discuss various aspects of a bathroom.
Eye-catching color schemes make your bathroom look cool and refreshing. Color theme of a bathroom should be consistent with colors of walls, tiles, faucets and accessories. White color scheme is a good idea as it makes your bathroom appear fresh and go well with any colors or shades of the room. The white scheme blended with serene blue is refreshing to the eyes and body. You can add accessories to highlight color accents in bathroom.
Intensive ventilation is required in bathrooms where a lot of moisture exists. Large windows are helpful in reducing the effect. To keep the place dry an exhaust fan is required for proper circulation of air. It is necessary to place the fan out of reach of moving hands while taking bath.
Bathroom flooring should be nice looking, anti slippery, hard and durable. Its necessary to choose nice one for your bathroom. The floors must be damp proof. You need to pick up the right type of flooring. Vinyl tile flooring lasts long and is very easy to clean. A large variety of colors, shapes and textures is available in tiles. You can choose any of them according to your fancy. Marble flooring is also durable and very easy in cleaning. This flooring gives fresh look and adds warmth to the interior of a home.
Bathroom cabinets are ideal to place the stuff. These preserve the dcor of the room and are available in a range of designs and shapes like antique, classic, and contemporary. You can pick any of them that match up with the dcor of your home. These add uniqueness to the space and often come with a sink. Sinks are available in a large variety from stainless steal, porcelain, glass, marble or even granite.
Glass shower doors are one of the most important choices these days. These are hinged at the one side and often swing in both directions. The shower doors look cute and classy. These doors are available in large variety of designs. Folding shower doors help to retain water inside the bath area. The main advantage of glass shower door is easy and quick clean up. This shower door prevents hard water stains on shower glass. Sliding doors are perfect choices for small bathrooms.
Glass shower doors come in a variety of finishes like nickel, chrome, brass or many more. You can pick any of the themes that match up with theme of your bathroom. You can either go for custom made shower doors that look quite contemporary or for traditional shower doors having shelves and seats. Corner shower units are perfect choices for basement bathroom areas.
In modern bathrooms, glass shower enclosures are taking place of the showers in the tub. These shower doors add warmth to the beauty of your bathroom and let natural light to enter the bath area. You can go for any of engraved or clear glass for more private feel. Thus you can naturally enjoy the bath.
Shower Curtain Rods
The rods are attached to the wall or ceiling above your bath tub to support the curtains of shower. These are usually screwed into the walls. Shower curtain rods are available in various shapes or styles like L shape which is designed to fit around a corner shower over your bath tub.
Its your choice to select curtain rods that match up with theme of towels and window curtains. Curtain rods add elegance enhancing the look of your bathroom. Nice shower curtains turn your bathroom into perfect oasis.
It is the most important item in your bathroom. Wash Basin are available in various styles. But usually two choices are above all. They are:
It depends on you whether you select pedestal basin or cabinet basin. People mostly go for cabinet washbasins as they are useful for small bathrooms. Wall mounts washbasins look attractive, hung from the wall at a desired height. It must be ensured that the wash basin is compatible with faucets of the bathroom.
Accessories are helpful in making a bathroom overwhelming. Right selection of accessories can make you noteworthy for the interior dcor of your home. You can renovate your bathroom whenever you get bore of old ones. Bathroom Accessories of latest designs and styles play an imperative role in remodeling the room.
Ideas for bathroom accessories
Visit : http://www.designaddict.us
Designaddict Interiors Pune … 2012
|Decorative Veneer is a thin covering of slices of wood that are typically pasted on top of another wooden member. The beauty of the wooden furniture or wood-work comes from the rich grains of wood. This makes the wood with rich grain expensive. The technology of Veneers prepares thin slices of wood so that the grains of the wood are obtained. These slices are then pasted on top of less expensive wood blocks which are available in abundance hence achieving the desired finish at low cost.. To make Veneer, wooden logs of specified species of valuable timbers or rich grain timber in length varying from 2100- 2400 mm are peeled in to thin veneers either by rotary cutters or veneer slicing machines.|
|Implementation Raw Material|
|To implement a veneer based design in your home, you work with the designer to get the drawing of the furniture item and purchase the required block boards or MDF/HDF or similar wooden members. The veneer is then pasted on top of the wood member. After the veneer based furniture is completed, it is polished to give a desired shine.|
Maintenance of Veneer based furniture is essentially dependent on the type of polish done on the furniture.
|Veneered decorative ply wood should be according IS; 1328-1996.|
|The general sizes available are 3’x 6’and 4’x 8’. The maximum size available is 4’x 8’.|
|Decorative veneer is fixed in the manufacturing unit. Decorative veneers that require to be joined to form a ply shall be edge jointed before assembly.|
|The thickness of Decorative veneers are less than 3mm.|
|Decorative veneers are finished by doing polishing on the surface.|
This gallery contains 7 photos.